53 per cent of residents believe career growth opportunities will improve
Recruitment activity in the UAE is currently in top gear as business usually gains pace during the last quarter of the year. With 86 per cent of UAE businesses in hiring mode, this augurs well for candidates looking for job opportunities in the country.
Results of the survey show that a majority of UAE-based companies that responded are looking to hire employees during the fourth quarter of 2017 while a marginal 14 per cent of respondents said they do not plan to hire in the current quarter.
The imposition of 5 per cent value-added tax from January 1, 2018, and the upcoming Dubai Expo 2020 brighten the job prospects, especially in the legal, tax, accounts and finance and human resources fields with most of the demand for these jobs coming from pharmaceutical, FMCG, retail, hospitality, construction and boutique investment firms. of residents believe career growth opportunities will improve
1. Half of the UAE residents are satisfied with their career growth but will switch jobs if an opportunity arises
2. 53 per cent of residents believe career growth opportunities will improve
3. Over one-third firms are planning to fill more than five vacancies
4. Most demand will come from the pharmaceutical, FMCG, retail and hospitality sectors and VAT will generate the bulk of jobs
5. Expo 2020 and VAT will generate the bull of jobs.